Business Development Executive
Pupil is a spatial technology company. We capture and publish 3D information about real-world interiors on an industrial scale. Our technology is raising standards of practice around the globe and transforming industries by digitising the world’s interiors with new levels of accuracy and consistency.
Pupil's first product, Spec, is building the new standard for the residential property industry, offering property professionals an all-in-one solution for creating accurate, feature-rich marketing assets.
Pupil is a place for those who think big and want to create extraordinary things. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we foster a culture where we are constantly learning, evolving and collaborating to reach our bold ambitions. We’re growing fast and are always looking for exceptional talent.
We are looking for sales professionals who have already forged a strong career in the estate agency world and are looking for their next big challenge. You must be results-driven and used to working against targets. We work with a range of demanding professionals to provide next generation, market leading services that add value to their business operations, and we need sales people with experience in estate agency that understand the needs of our customers and can help them efficiently maximise the return on their investment. You will be interacting with customers to offer a first class service and act as an ambassador for our brand.
You’ll be joining a demanding, ambitious technology company at an early stage, so we’ll expect you to take ownership and responsibility for a broad range of tasks that will help us succeed with our customers. For ambitious, entrepreneurial candidates, you will have an excellent opportunity to make your mark driving growth and delivering commercial results. You’ll share our vision and can distil and articulate it powerfully into sales messages in person or print, acting as an evangelist for our brand at every level in our customer organisations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
· Prospecting for new business
· Closing new business opportunities
· Acting as a commercial ambassador for our products and services
· Presenting to decision-makers
· Contract/offer administration and negotiations
· Using third party software to log contacts and administer your customers
· Attending meetups or trade shows to represent Pupil and network with new and prospective customers
You should have sales experience, preferably with an estate agency background. You’ll need confidence and charisma and be a proven commercial operator who’s comfortable in dynamic, changing environments, relishes challenges and is motivated by achievement. You should be an articulate communicator who can build relationships quickly, interpret and distil a company’s vision into powerful sales messages and is compelling, credible and effective at all levels. We expect the successful candidate to demonstrate a proven track record in sales and the ability to meet ambitious targets. You should be organised and happy to work out in the field, in return we will offer an exciting, fun environment and the opportunity to further develop your sales and negotiation skills.
· Have prior sales experience within the real estate industry
· Show evidence of performance and progression
· Have excellent working knowledge of the London real estate market
· Strong communication skills
· Experience of self-directed working
· Have ambition, hunger for success and be driven by targets
· Exceptional organisational and time-management skills
· Have experience and interest in related fields e.g. technology, B2B sales, software, real estate.
We want each and every day to be rewarding and enjoyable for all Pupil staff. To help make that happen, we offer a range of great benefits that focus on what’s important both personally and professionally. Exceptional people deserve the best we can offer and the power to make their own choices.
· Health and Wellness: all staff have access to discounted fitness facilities, nutrition and lifestyle coaching
· 22 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), an additional day for your birthday. We also operate a holiday buy and sell policy where you can buy or sell up to 3 days holiday a year.
· Pupil Flex: flexible hours to suit important life events, deliveries, sports days and appointments
· Friday Finish: we finish early on Fridays to get together as a company and kick off the weekend in style
· Birthday bonus: an extra day off on your birthday (if it falls on the weekend you can take another day)
· Learning and Development: we match your ambition to learn and develop so support access to training, conferences and meet-ups and encourage cross-team opportunities
· MVP awards: we like to recognise achievements on a regular basis. Our Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards allow us to reward those who have gone above and beyond during the month
· Pupil Family Gathering: Every Friday afternoon, we get together to share news, achievements and stories from the week. This is usually followed by a social drink either from our legendary office gin trolley or supply of delicious soft drinks
· Company Socials: This year, we’ve played crazy mini golf, celebrated the Royal wedding in style, raced around the city on a scavenger hunt and hosted a Pupil summer festival – and there’s more to come!