Full Stack Developer
Are you looking to make your mark on a remarkable new product? One that will potentially be seen and experienced by lots of users? Are you someone that would love to work at the forefront of spatial technology and help build immersive VR experiences on a truly creative platform?
We’re always on the look out for for Back End/Full Stack Developers to join our small multi-functional engineering team and be part of a fast-growing, fully funded startup. We’re after people who are enthusiastic, passionate about technology and love getting features into production.
We work with a range of demanding professionals to provide services that contribute to their business operations so we need an excellent team to help our customers solve their problems. You’ll be working on products to make the lives of our customers, and their clients, easier than ever.
Now is an exciting time to join us in a disruptive, technology focused business with big ambitions for the next 12 months.
Please note this is a rolling requirement, so we may only respond to exceptional applications and won't always have open positions for immediate start.
- Develop back end services using Java and the AWS stack
- Develop front end services using React
- Support and improve the continuous delivery process
- Take ownership of the software you build, from analysis to production and support
- Support and work with other developers to ensure standards stay high and keep getting higher
- Be an active member of the development team, improving the code base and suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working
- Work with the Product Owner and the Stream Lead to prioritise features and improvements
Pupil is a spatial technology company. We capture and publish 3D information about real-world interiors on an industrial scale. Our technology is raising standards of practice around the globe and transforming industries by digitising the world’s interiors with new levels of accuracy and consistency.
Pupil's first product, Spec, is building the new standard for the residential property industry, offering property professionals an all-in-one solution for creating accurate, feature-rich marketing assets.
Pupil is a place for those who think big and want to create extraordinary things. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we foster a culture where we are constantly learning, evolving and collaborating to reach our bold ambitions. We’re growing fast and are always looking for exceptional talent.
Please visit pupil.co and spec.co to find out more.
You should be someone smart, motivated and organised who gets things done. You have ideas about everything we do and you’re not afraid to stand up for yourself - whilst respecting others of course. You love a startup environment, because you like the idea of owning what you work on and doing a bit of everything. You’re constantly thinking “could this be better?".
- 4+ years of experience as developer
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Experience with React or another front end framework (Angular, Vue)
- Ambition and a hunger for growth and development
- Can provide examples of products that you have personally helped to build and ship to production
- Spring boot knowledge
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc)
- Knowledge of writing RESTful APIs
This job is based full time in the UK at our central London offices and to be considered you should have the right to work in the UK for at least 12 months. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We want each and every day to be rewarding and enjoyable for all Pupil staff. To help make that happen, we offer a range of great benefits that focus on what’s important both personally and professionally. Exceptional people deserve the best we can offer and the power to make their own choices.
- Health and Wellness: all staff have access to discounted fitness facilities, nutrition and lifestyle coaching
- 29 days annual leave - including bank holidays and your birthday bonus
- Pupil Flex: flexible hours to suit important life events, deliveries, sports days and appointments
- Friday Finish: we finish early on Fridays to get together as a company and kick off the weekend in style
- Birthday bonus: an extra day off on your birthday (if it falls on the weekend you can take another day)
- Learning and Development: we match your ambition to learn and develop so support access to training, conferences and meet-ups and encourage cross-team opportunities
- MVP awards: we like to recognise achievements on a regular basis. Our Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards allow us to reward those who have gone above and beyond during the month
- Pupil Family Gathering: Every Friday afternoon, we get together to share news, achievements and stories from the week. This is usually followed by a social drink either from our legendary office gin trolley or supply of delicious soft drinks
- Company Socials: This year, we’ve played crazy mini golf, celebrated the Royal wedding in style, raced around the city on a scavenger hunt and hosted a Pupil summer festival – and there’s more to come!