Head of People
We are looking for a Head of People to manage and run Pupil’s People Agenda, helping to ensure that we are compliant with UK employment law and add value through our people, keeping talent, engagement and productivity at the forefront of our agenda. In this role you will be required to operate at both a strategic and operational level.
It is important to note that you’ll be joining a demanding, ambitious technology company at an early stage, so we’ll expect you to take ownership and responsibility for delivering the People Agenda.
Please note that this is a part-time role initially which may increase over time with scale and responsibilities.
- Welcome, induction and onboarding
- Driving forward our culture and employee brand
- Working with key stakeholders to define, manage & retain talent
- Collaboratively designing and implementing employee benefits and incentives
- Researching and designing reward strategy, to include salary, bonus, benchmarking and review
- Managing employee relations cases including performance, conduct, capability and exit
- Supporting the growth and ambition of Pupil people, advising on training, development & promotion
- Absence management and monthly reporting (includes sickness, holiday, unpaid leave etc.)
- Day to day support of employees and line managers
- Writing and updating policies and guidelines
- Preparing monthly payroll and annual people budget alongside Finance
- Support during probation period
- Administering changes in employment including flexible working, time out etc
- Keeping databases and employee records and files up to date
- Designing and reporting employee metrics and surveys
- Supporting an inclusive, safe & healthy work environment
Pupil is changing the world of data capture, creating immersive 3D experiences through revolutionary technology.
Our team is made up of engineers, designers and dreamers from around the globe.
The breathtaking new digital spaces we create are set to radically transform entire industries. Our first product will launch in 2018. If you have world-class skills in software, platform engineering, design, computer vision, 3D graphics, machine learning or big data or you are an ambitious recent graduate with great academic results and an entrepreneurial mindset, we want to hear from you.
You have experience of leading and running the People Agenda, ideally in a start-up environment. You will have worked alongside leadership and management and are able to successfully negotiate and influence outcomes. You can build trust and rapport fast and are approachable to all levels of employee. You possess, confident and effective communication skills. You set yourself high standards, have a can-do attitude and are happy to help out.
- Passionate about people and business performance
- Comfortable making commercial decisions
- Proficient, direct and confident dealing with complex employee relations matters
- Calm under pressure
- Uphold high standards of integrity and confidentiality
- Have experience operating at a senior level in a professional environment
- Be able to work in the UK for a minimum of 12 months
- This is a stand-alone role so you must be reliable and self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Are CIPD qualified
- Are digitally literate and excited by technology
- Be able to provide evidence of entrepreneurial experiences e.g. organisation, self-directed working, ownership and ambition - you’ll need these to balance the fast moving and fluid demands of working in a rapidly growing company.