Back End Developer
Are you looking to make your mark on a remarkable new product? One that will potentially be seen and experienced by millions of users? Are you someone that would love to work at the bleeding edge of spatial technology and create immersive VR experiences on a truly innovative platform?
We’re looking for a Back End Developer to join our small cross-functional engineering team and be part of a fast-growing, fully funded startup. We’re after someone who is enthusiastic, passionate about technology and and loves getting features into production.
Now is an exciting time to join us in a disruptive, technology focused business with big ambitions for the next 12 months.
- Develop Back End services using Java and the AWS stack
- Support and improve the continuous delivery process
- Taking ownership of the software you build, from analysis to production and support
- Support and work with other developers to ensure standards stay high and keep getting higher
- Be an active member of the Back End development team, improving the code base through pull requests and suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working
- Work with the Product Owner and the Tech Lead to prioritise features and improvements
Pupil is changing the world of data capture, creating immersive 3D experiences through revolutionary technology.
Our team is made up of engineers, designers and dreamers from around the globe.
The breathtaking new digital spaces we create are set to radically transform entire industries. Our first product will launch in 2018. If you have world-class skills in software, platform engineering, design, computer vision, 3D graphics, machine learning or big data, we want to hear from you.
You’re someone who is smart, motivated, organised and gets things done. You have ideas about everything we do and you’re not afraid to stand up for yourself - whilst respecting others of course. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of taking ownership of what you work on and doing a bit of everything. You’re constantly thinking “could this be better?”.
You must have:
- 3+ years experience building cloud hosted software
- Strong knowledge of Java (Spring boot is a plus)
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS is a plus)
- You have ambition and a hunger for growth and development
- Can provide examples of products that you have personally helped to build and have been shipped to production
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of writing RESTful APIs
- Experience with React stack or similar Frontend technologies
This job is based full time in the UK at our central London offices and to be considered you should have the right to work in the UK for at least 12 months.