Senior Android Developer
Are you looking to make your mark on a remarkable new product? One that will potentially be seen and experienced by millions of users? Are you someone that would love to work at the bleeding edge of spatial technology and craft immersive experiences on a truly innovative platform?
We’re looking for an Android Developer to join our small cross-functional engineering team and be part of a fast-growing, fully funded startup. We’re after someone enthusiastic, passionate about technology and loves getting features into production.
Now is an exciting time to join us in a disruptive, technology focused business with big ambitions for the next 12 months.
You will be working on an app used by Pupil’s Digital Surveyors to capture information about interior spaces. Its primary purpose is to interface with a hardware device, sending commands and downloading data for later upload to our back-end systems. We get fast feedback from our users, most of whom are as passionate about the app as its developers.
- Almost entirely written in Java, but with a significant C++ layer to work with the hardware device.
- We use the MVP pattern throughout, with RxJava and a lightweight wrapper around SQLite.
- Designed to work offline first from the outset.
- A sprout of Kotlin that is growing fast.
Pupil is a spatial technology company. We capture and publish 3D information about real-world interiors on an industrial scale. Our technology is raising standards of practice around the globe and transforming industries by digitising the world’s interiors with new levels of accuracy and consistency.
Pupil's first product, Spec, is building the new standard for the residential property industry, offering property professionals an all-in-one solution for creating accurate, feature-rich marketing assets.
Pupil is a place for those who think big and want to create extraordinary things. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we foster a culture where we are constantly learning, evolving and collaborating to reach our bold ambitions. We’re growing fast and are always looking for exceptional talent.
Please visit pupil.co and spec.co to find out more.
You’re someone who is smart, motivated, organised and gets things done. You have ideas about everything we do and you’re not afraid to offer respectful, constructive criticism. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of taking ownership of what you work on and doing a bit of everything. You’re constantly thinking “could this be better?”
- Proven experience building and releasing Android apps
- Examples of products that you have personally helped to build and have been shipped to production
- Ambition and a hunger for growth and development
- Experience writing web applications
You ideally have:
- Experience of writing C++ using the NDK
This job is based full time in the UK at our central London offices and to be considered you should have the right to work in the UK for at least 12 months. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We want each and every day to be rewarding and enjoyable for all Pupil staff. To help make that happen, we offer a range of great benefits that focus on what’s important both personally and professionally. Exceptional people deserve the best we can offer and the power to make their own choices.
- Health and Wellness: all staff have access to discounted fitness facilities, nutrition and lifestyle coaching
- 31 days annual leave - including bank holidays and your birthday bonus
- Pupil Flex: flexible hours to suit important life events, deliveries, sports days and appointments
- Friday Finish: we finish early on Fridays to get together as a company and kick off the weekend in style
- Birthday bonus: an extra day off on your birthday (if it falls on the weekend you can take another day)
- Learning and Development: we match your ambition to learn and develop so support access to training, conferences and meet-ups and encourage cross-team opportunities
- MVP awards: we like to recognise achievements on a regular basis. Our Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards allow us to reward those who have gone above and beyond during the month
- Pupil Family Gathering: Every Friday afternoon, we get together to share news, achievements and stories from the week. This is usually followed by a social drink either from our legendary office gin trolley or supply of delicious soft drinks
- Company Socials: Last year, we’ve played crazy mini golf, celebrated the Royal wedding in style, raced around the city on a scavenger hunt and hosted a Pupil summer festival – and there’s more to come!