Deep Learning Research Engineer
We are looking to build out our research team and bring in new talent to not only scale up and improve our current offerings but also help us identify ways to provide novel experiences and insights to our customers and users. You will be working to analyse 2D and 3D datasets, researching and applying cutting edge machine learning research algorithms to industrial scale challenges. Engineering the core of our algorithms, you will be working closely with our product team to develop cutting-edge techniques and implement new approaches to solving real-world problems.
- Design and create code to process our rich set of 3D optical and volumetric data to generate higher level information and 3D environments.
- Research and experiment with pointclouds, depth sensors, meshes, imagery and other data to generate new intelligent semantic feature, labels and segmentations or representations of scenes.
- Combine and extract as much useful information out of disparate datasets as possible.
- Work with the rest of the software engineering team to create production quality, robust code that will be used on an industrial scale commercially.
- Coding proof of concepts and tests to validate design approach then working with platform engineers to translate to production ready services.
- Optimising algorithms to improve performance and efficiency.
- Conducting research into technologies of interest e.g. advances and techniques around machine learning and computer visual processing and analysis.
Pupil is changing the world of data capture, creating immersive 3D experiences through revolutionary technology.
Our team is made up of engineers, designers and dreamers from around the globe.
The breathtaking new digital spaces we create are set to radically transform entire industries. Our first product will launch in 2018. If you have world-class skills in software, platform engineering, design, computer vision, 3D graphics, machine learning or big data, we want to hear from you.
You will likely have worked in academic or industrial research teams, finding pragmatic solutions to novel problems and be adept at working on a variety of tasks. You should be results-focused and able to work with product teams to understand what the most pressing issues are to work on, but also able to help them identify new opportunities based on a solid understanding of current algorithms and techniques.
You must have:
- At least 5 years of experience developing software and algorithms working with deep learning algorithms. Ideally some of this experience should be commercial.
- Strong code development skills. Experience with Tensorflow, Keras, Torch, Caffe or similar libraries, and with CNNs, RNNs, GANs, transfer learning etc.
- Deep experience and interest in related fields e.g. computational geometry, computer graphics, and image manipulation.