Deep Learning Research Engineer
We are looking to build out our research team and bring in new talent to not only scale up and improve our current offerings but also help us identify ways to provide novel experiences and insights to our customers and users. You will be working to analyse 2D and 3D datasets, researching and applying cutting edge machine learning research algorithms to industrial scale challenges. Engineering the core of our algorithms, you will be working closely with our product team to develop cutting-edge techniques and implement new approaches to solving real-world problems.
Please note this is a rolling requirement, so we may only respond to exceptional applications and won't always have open positions for immediate start.
- Design and create code to process our rich set of 3D optical and volumetric data to generate higher level information and 3D environments.
- Research and experiment with pointclouds, depth sensors, meshes, imagery and other data to generate new intelligent semantic feature, labels and segmentations or representations of scenes.
- Combine and extract as much useful information out of disparate datasets as possible.
- Work with the rest of the software engineering team to create production quality, robust code that will be used on an industrial scale commercially.
- Coding proof of concepts and tests to validate design approach then working with platform engineers to translate to production ready services.
- Optimising algorithms to improve performance and efficiency.
- Conducting research into technologies of interest e.g. advances and techniques around machine learning and computer visual processing and analysis.
Pupil is a spatial technology company. We capture and publish 3D information about real-world interiors on an industrial scale. Our technology is raising standards of practice around the globe and transforming industries by digitising the world’s interiors with new levels of accuracy and consistency.
Pupil's first product, Spec, is building the new standard for the residential property industry, offering property professionals an all-in-one solution for creating accurate, feature-rich marketing assets.
Pupil is a place for those who think big and want to create extraordinary things. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we foster a culture where we are constantly learning, evolving and collaborating to reach our bold ambitions. We’re growing fast and are always looking for exceptional talent.
Please visit pupil.co and spec.co to find out more.
You will likely have worked in academic or industrial research teams, finding pragmatic solutions to novel problems and be adept at working on a variety of tasks. You should be results-focused and able to work with product teams to understand what the most pressing issues are to work on, but also able to help them identify new opportunities based on a solid understanding of current algorithms and techniques.
You must have:
- At least 5 years of experience developing software and algorithms working with deep learning algorithms. Ideally some of this experience should be commercial.
- Strong code development skills. Experience with Tensorflow, Keras, Torch, Caffe or similar libraries, and with CNNs, RNNs, GANs, transfer learning etc.
- Deep experience and interest in related fields e.g. computational geometry, computer graphics, and image manipulation.
This job is based full time in the UK at our central London offices and to be considered you should have the right to work in the UK for at least 12 months. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We want each and every day to be rewarding and enjoyable for all Pupil staff. To help make that happen, we offer a range of great benefits that focus on what’s important both personally and professionally. Exceptional people deserve the best we can offer and the power to make their own choices.
- Health and Wellness: all staff have access to discounted fitness facilities, nutrition and lifestyle coaching
- 29 days annual leave - including bank holidays and your birthday bonus
- Pupil Flex: flexible hours to suit important life events, deliveries, sports days and appointments
- Friday Finish: we finish early on Fridays to get together as a company and kick off the weekend in style
- Birthday bonus: an extra day off on your birthday (if it falls on the weekend you can take another day)
- Learning and Development: we match your ambition to learn and develop so support access to training, conferences and meet-ups and encourage cross-team opportunities
- MVP awards: we like to recognise achievements on a regular basis. Our Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards allow us to reward those who have gone above and beyond during the month
- Pupil Family Gathering: Every Friday afternoon, we get together to share news, achievements and stories from the week. This is usually followed by a social drink either from our legendary office gin trolley or supply of delicious soft drinks
- Company Socials: This year, we’ve played crazy mini golf, celebrated the Royal wedding in style, raced around the city on a scavenger hunt and hosted a Pupil summer festival – and there’s more to come!